Translate

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

In Case You Didn't Know (Originally Posted 10/26/2010)

Just like white lies
They surface
And once in awhile
They are mine
I try to control them
Deep within
That which you do not need to know
For what
To use against me
To manipulate me
In case you are unaware
There are no puppets here
No strings tied to my back
I talk on my own here
This life I live
I drive alone
So I keep secrets
To keep you close
And him closer

She who scowled at my rings
The designer brands
And finer things
Kiss my ass
It's free
That shit comes and goes
Just like air
Like life
And the lies you keep in circulation
You won't get ahold to these
Secrets
They encompass my pride
The success that I hide
Modesty
It's attractive
I
Humble
Every moment is precious

To know all
Is to know to much
Human is greed
We don't need that much
Redirect your focus
Steer clear of me
Don't be road blocks
Encounter clarity
Everything is short
Even memory

No comments: