Translate

Monday, August 4, 2008

Bestfriends.....

Are bestfriends really the best boyfriends???? Are they our true soulmates???

I dated my bestfriend, of course that was before he was my bestfriend, because who can really just be coordial with someone that they have been in love with; especially since they don't want you anymore. Becoming friends aids with getting over that person; it's the safe way to mend whatever was broken. It is a common solution; it's so much better that not having the cake to eat at all.

My bestfriend was my heart, my everything; we were just alike; same sign, same values, same outlook, same drive. And after all this time we still see eye to eye. I can't help but think that the only reason we are not is because of the drive. Hours apart can hurt a love. Even though it is so evident everytime we speak that there is a facade, displayed by both, that expresses our desire for one another. Spoken without words but understood that he can have me any place and I can have him any and every way. What is even funnier is now we are both going through the same thing with relationships. Not that we seek companionship, but what does find us is not satisfying enough, not intriguing and not challenging enough, so we continue to live like we are ok when we are not. We are lost.... Stuck out together, but is together the answer?

Is union what our destiny's desire?

Can he really love me again after all this time??

I believe so but to scared to ask for fear of rejection. And he is to scared to ask for fear of correction, because see, that would mean that he was wrong. Wrong about me, wrong about us and wrong for leaving. Cause his heart was never lost to me. Just hidden by the distance. What we can't see, it doesn't hurt as bad to miss. But I know he knows are hearts are still connected.

But, you know maybe that is just it; we were never meant. We just get to be rap; in search of whomever we choose to share hip hop. But for now, I won't search, I will await him. And just live through neo-soul. Cause it feels better anyway.

No comments: