Translate

Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Knot

I can’t stomach these regrets
I want time
To reverse this curse
That has us believing
That we will never again
Endure
The passion and love
That anyone else
Longing for it
Would suggest that we
Tie the knot
Instead
It is increasing
The knot that has me ailing
Because I miss what was
The knot
A constant reminder of candle lit baths
Moonlit strolls
And
Late night talks
I want it to be removed
This knot
That because of you
Is now in my neck
But I just have to wait
Until he
Comes along to undo
This damage
This pain
That you have caused
Until then
I just hope you can live
With this regret
You have to deal
Deal with this curse
We must endure
But life goes on

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love Never Fails…
I don’t think I was the perfect man.
But I tried to be for her.
I guess I got so caught up in trying to impress her
That I lost track of me.
I also didn’t notice her, the true her.
Funny how I probably would have never tried to talk to her.
But it was fate.
“We often meet our fate, on the road we take to avoid it…”
I now wish I would have taken a different road.
But then I never would have found out what I needed,
In a woman, a love, a wife.
I now truly see that true love, heavenly love, spiritual love,
Never fails.
But we do…