Translate

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What's a WOMAN to DO?????

I am, for the first time in my life, SPEECHLESS. And not in a good way, in a "I never thought I could love again" way. And it's sad to say that the one love I thought I would never have, may never be, because of stubbornness, nonchalant attitudes and simply, broken hearts. I knew it then, and even more so now, that I had found it (it being love), he was the one. The only man I wanted to marry. I am not looking forward to settling for less than he, but what is a woman to do? I can no longer wait without response from you. You have to be willing to take the good with the bad. Have to be willing to forgive and allow the past to be the past. DAMN I am going to miss him. But DAMN I need him. I feel like I am in a game of tug-a-war....Whenever I feel I am succeeding I loose my grip and I fail him once more. Then we are back, life John Legend says, doing it again! Trying to win with a half ass effort. So, I ask, what is a woman to do; when I see the potential? When I allow myself to take a risk with you? Should I allow you to continue to play games? NEGATIVE, I refuse. Life is to precious to waste time with you. I can't be in a relationship on my own. For a relationship to be, it needs the dedication of TWO. So why do I feel like a fool? Why can't I let go of OLD NEWS?? No formal response to the question, but I do know that my heart leads me back to you. I see signs in my everyday activities that revert back to you. Seems crazy, but its true. Technically, nothing about us has been normal since day one. Its been more or less like a dream come true, story book, fairy tale or TV shit. We both will agree that we never expected to encounter this shit. But I like it, better yet I love it, and I am IN LOVE WITH YOU. All I ask is that one day you will accept it. Be a fool too, because quite frankly, that is the only way we can make it. Maybe its true, "Time heals all wounds," although it's easier for me to get over it than you, I guess I will allow time to bring me back to you.



You made me weak
Like Ike did my roof
I fell through
Not strong enough to bear you
Damnit
We were suppose to be better than
You
Gave me life in 3-d
Yet
You allow your selfishness to hurt me
Thought you respected me
If nothing at all
Thought you respected we

Completely blinded
I allowed you conquered me
I fell short on love
Allowed my emotions to dictate actions
Undesired
Yet inevitable

The regretful inevitable is what you get
With lover's scorn
When hearts are torn
And severely saddened

Locked eyes
Beamed hurt without remorse
Pierced my soul
And I no longer have hope for
Love
What I though you were
You
Him
Mine
I no longer wait for
How could I wait for someone that could give two shits about me?
I know
It hurts
I am not through
Despite what I say
I am not done with you
Because
Without you
I am incomplete
Just as this poem is
As well as our LOVE
So
I dedicate this to you
To us
TO BE CONTINUED..................

No comments: