Translate

Monday, February 6, 2012

Ode to Poetry

So my ability to speak poetically is easily summed up in a phrase, "When I lost courage to speak, I sought refuge in a pen and discovered a voice, poetically spoken."  I have for many years, and still believe, that this same drive is the essence of each post and poem you read.  In all my work I strive to give you me.  The "me" that you may not otherwise understand if you were not able to read.

So please make sure you let me know what you all think.

Here is a poem that I like to call "Ode to Poetry":

A tribute to
an old fashion love
a love that stands true
a golden dove
flying great altitudes
I sing new tunes
in your arms
curled up
with
pen and pad
in heaven again
I give you all of me
each emotion
and great memory
I need you to
summarize my journey
poetry
and we live forever
poetically
speaking
in phrases that enliven
with lyrics
a symphonic melody
I need you now
and forever
so my soul I give to you
that encompasses all of me
I love you always
to
poetry

No comments: