Translate

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

To Conquer or Be Conquered?

Is it better to conquer or be conquered by love?

I have an answer that is truly logical, but first let me express, general assumptions and concerns. It is a common belief that if you are conquered, no matter what the situation is or entails, you are weak. Or if you conquer love you have won! Neither are entirely true.

When have you ever truly understood something that you did not get challenged by? Enduring without challenge or consequence allows one to become oblivious to the process; causing it to be routine. When you are stuck in routine you don't give the process much thought. It's mechanically embedded in your brain, you body, you system, it's habitual. But when you get thrown an curve, you are startled, causing you to fail. Now don't get me wrong, some bounce back, but 80% of us stutter or fail to recover. This is when you become weak, but is weak bad when you learn? Is weak bad when you now know the consequences and have the capacity to plan for the next time? Weak is not failing! Weak is failing to recover! So to be conquered by love is to be hurt, and it hurts bad, but it makes you all the better for the next ride. It makes you strong enough to give him/her a second chance. Without being conquered, you could never conquer love. Love is not as fundamental. It takes effort, care, thought, persistence, desire.

So is it better to conquer? Being in a situation oblivious to surroundings. Ignoring the fact that he may be cheating because you are ignoring him, his desires. Overlooking her passions, not giving support for her endeavors. OR to conquer? Learning from the mistakes and turning it in to that CAKE that you want and desire to eat too! Making it work from failing. By the way, definition of fail should be recognition of faults, acclimation of efforts to try again. NOW that's LOVE & AND CONQUERING! Looking back on 15 years into marriage without regret and undying devotion!

Here is another poem! This is just FOOD for THOUGHT! Hope you enjoy.



Is it better to conquer

Or to be conquered by love

I don't know but I felt defeated

And it felt good

To love without fear

To share without worry

Or regret of my unselfishness

Because you appreciate it

And

At the same time I won

A man with integrity, and morals

Who loves me in spite of

Because

I have my heart's desire on lock

And where he is

Is everywhere that I want to be

And I am

Everything he seeks

I have conquered

But can you really win before defeat

Its an humbling experience

And its never appreciated

until defeat exceeds

1 comment:

Don said...

I wholeheartedly agree, especially with the notion of what defeat unfortunately brings.